A tax questionnaire is a document which contains questions designed to extract information about an individual’s valuable assets and his tax returns. Every individual, who earns over a certain limit, is required to pay tax to the government which is calculated in proportion to his earnings and his overall net worth. Thus a tax questionnaire must be very specific and easy to understand. The questions must also be comprehensive so that the person whose assets are being assessed can avoid making inadvertent errors.
- There are many kinds of tax questionnaire ranging from business or corporate tax questionnaires to individual filing assessments.
- The nature of the questions contained in the questionnaires varies on the basis of the target group to which the questionnaire is directed. Some kinds of questionnaires, like sales tax questionnaires, are more commonly issued by the income tax directorate in order to assess the sales tax amounts which retail or corporate enterprises shall have to pay.
- A tax questionnaire must be well designed and answered accurately by the respondent, if it is a self assessment form. Usually questions range from the individual’s income, expenditures, major liabilities and debts, current financial records to the purchase of property, the nature of business, and the social strata to which he belongs and so on.
- A tax questionnaire can be used as legal evidence in case of incorrect information and deliberate misleading of the tax authorities. Hence it must be filled out very carefully. All efforts should be made to provide information that is verifiable, factually accurate and honest.
- Tax questionnaires can include multiple choice questions for areas where objective answers are required. The framer of the tax questionnaire must conduct adequate research and then frame the document as it is a crucial document needed at every stage of an individual’s financial progress.
What Is an Example of a Questionnaire
12 Things that Successfully Convert a Great Idea into a Reality (Infographic)
Most Asked Job Interview Questions and How to Answer Them (Infographic)
What Is a Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire?
How to Make a Good Questionnaire
How to Write a Good Questionnaire
How to Write an Education Questionnaire
How to Write a Customer Questionnaire
How to Write a Compatibility Questionnaire
How to Write a Career Questionnaire
How to Write a Business Questionnaire
How To Write A Survey Questionnaire