The online questionnaires have become very popular and best ways to collect information regarding any topic from the right set of participants. Online questionnaires provide a better platform to people to submit their viewpoints, ideas and opinions. Secondly, these questionnaires do not limit the participation to a certain geographical area, but people from all over the world, can participate in such questionnaires and hence huge amount of useful information can be collected easily.
Tips for writing an online questionnaire:
- Before writing an online questionnaire it is important to define your goals and decide exactly what information do you want to derive through the questionnaire.
- These questionnaires should be short and most of the questions in the questionnaire should be close ended as they help in gathering much more uniform information that their open ended counterparts.
- You must avoid double negatives, acronyms and abbreviations in the questions. The language of questions should also be lucid and simple.
- The questions that are related to each other should be placed together in the chronological order as it tends to hold the customers attention in a better way.
- The questionnaire must start with asking the participant regarding their name and contact information like name, gender, e-mail address etc.
- The initial set of questions must be framed in such a way that they sound familiar and interesting to the participant.
- The initial set of questions should be general and basic. These questions should be framed to develop the interest of the participant. Therefore these questions can focused on gathering general information and not specific information related with the subject of the questionnaire.
- After some initial basic questions, specific questionnaire’s topic related questions can be framed to gather the intended information.
- Some of the questions in online surveys can also emphasize on gathering statistical or factual information, but these questions should be designed carefully so that they convey the intended meaning.
What Is an Example of a Questionnaire
12 Things that Successfully Convert a Great Idea into a Reality (Infographic)
Most Asked Job Interview Questions and How to Answer Them (Infographic)
What Is a Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire?
How to Make a Good Questionnaire
How to Write a Good Questionnaire
How to Write an Education Questionnaire
How to Write a Customer Questionnaire
How to Write a Compatibility Questionnaire
How to Write a Career Questionnaire
How to Write a Business Questionnaire
How To Write A Survey Questionnaire