Estate planning includes the legal transfer of property or assets belonging to an individual to their legal heirs. This is usually done by his or her family in the event of the individual’s death or disability. An estate planning client questionnaire helps you to choose your beneficiary wisely, distribute your wealth equally among your heirs, and decide the assets that need to be liquidized.
Sample Estate Planning Client Questionnaire:
Spouse’s Name: _________________________________
Date of Birth: ___________________________________
1. What is the main purpose behind your need for estate planning?
a) Create a will
b) Open a trust-fund
c) Appoint a trustee to handle assets
d) Appoint an “attorney-in-fact”
2. Have you chosen your primary beneficiary? Please mention nominee
3. In the event that your primary beneficiary predeceases you, have you chosen an alternate beneficiary? Please mention nominee
4. Have you chosen any contingent beneficiary in the case that you are survived neither by primary nor alternate beneficiary?
a) Legal heirs
5. Do you have any specific bequests? Please mention the items to be bequeathed along with individual’s name
6. Have you chosen any will executor/trustee yet?
7. Do you need any help with planning your estate taxes?
8. Would you prefer to have an agent handle your Financial Power of Attorney?
9. Do you need to have an agent to handle your Medical Power of Attorney?
10. Is there anything else you’d like to discuss regarding your will/estate?
Short Estate Planning Questionnaire
Marketing Planning Questionnaire
Planning Permission Questionnaire
Client Financial Planning Questionnaire
Funeral Planning Questionnaire
House Planning Questionnaire
Career Development Planning Questionnaire
Network Planning Questionnaire
Budget Planning Questionnaire
Mortgage Planning Questionnaire
Landscape Design Planning Questionnaire