Texas Sales Tax Audit Questionnaire
Texas sales tax audit questionnaire is normally mailed along with an audit letter to a taxpayer in the state of Texas after the generation of an audit. The taxpayer needs to complete the Texas sales tax audit questionnaire and send it back within 30 days from receipt. The Texas sales tax audit questionnaire is issued by the controller of public accounts, State of Texas.
Sample Texas Sales Tax Audit Questionnaire:
Name of the Taxpayer: _________________________
Social Security Number: _________________________ Occupation: _________________
Address: ______________________________________ City:_______________
State: __________________ Zip: ________________
Legal Name and Address: (If it is different from above)
Tax Payer Number: ______________________________
Social Security Number: ______________________________
Federal Tax Identification Number:______________________________________
Phone Number: ____________________________
- Is this the first time that a sales audit is taking place in your organization?
- Which of the following type of business do you own in the State of Texas?
b) Limited Liability Company
c) Sole Proprietorship
e) Others:____________ (Please specify)
- Did your business or organization ever get involved in merger, purchase, or re-organization since inception?
(If Yes then please attach necessary information)
- Did your business or organization go through a name change in the last 7 years?
(If Yes then please attach information related to name change)
a) Old Name of Business:_________________________
b) Registration date of New Name: ____/____/____
- Do you hold a Corporation Charter or Certificate of Authority number? (If yes, then please provide the number and date of issue)
d) Date of Issue: ____/____/____
- In the last 4 years, have you received a refund for any State sales tax that has been administered by the Comptroller?
- Which of the following business related items are situated in the State of Texas?
a) Retail Outlet
b) Head Office
c) Manufacturing Facility
d) Real Estate property
e) Residential property
f) Goods and Inventory
Category: Tax Questionnaire