Stress Appraisal Measure Questionnaire
A stress appraisal measure questionnaire often known as SAM is basically considered as a multidimensional approach to cognitive appraisal. It is primarily used to measure emotional and psychological stress. There are several aspects that can be considered including a checklist of important or life changing events, daily events in life and at work, perceived stress related events and much more.
Sample Stress Appraisal Measure Questionnaire:
Name of the Participant: _____________________________
Working / Student: _____________________________
Address:____________________________ City: _____________
State: __________ Zip: ______________________
Phone Number: ____________________________
- Do you feel that your life is at a stage, which can be considered as hopeless?
a) Extremely hopeless
c) Moderately hopeless
d) Not hopeless
e) Life is fine
- Do you feel the current situations in your life are creating unnecessary tension or stress?
c) Don’t Know
- Which one of the following relates closely to what you are feeling right now?
d) Living in deniability
- Which of the following contributes to the maximum amount of stress in your life right now?
d) Relationship problems
f) Performance at school/college/work
- Which of the following activities do you indulge in when completely stressed out?
a) Cold shower
b) Go for a beer
c) Catch a movie
d) Talk to your friends
e) Go into a shell
f) Look for a solution
h) Listen to music
- Does stress change your outlook towards personal and professional life?
a) Very Often
b) Most Often
Category: Stress Questionnaire