Questionnaire Writing Tips
Questionnaires gather important information in any given research, and this possible only if they are used effectively. As such, leading tips have to be used to design and write a questionnaire that will not only collect the required information but also ensure that the collected information can be analyzed effectively and easily interpreted. A good questionnaire should be pithy and involving use of simple language. The grammar used in the questionnaire should provide a common understanding in order to improve reliability of the information collected. Most importantly, the questionnaire should begin with interesting questions and the use of leading questions should be avoided. Below is a sample.
Questionnaire on students’ research options
1. How often do you research on your own (outside class) per week? Please tick the appropriate box.
25 hours and above
20 to 24 hours
10 to 19 hours
2 to 9 hours
Below 2 hours
2. Please select from the options below your preferred options of private study (you can choose more than one option as is appropriate).
College or university library____________
Local public library_______________
3. How often do you use the Internet for academic research?
Daily basis ______________
Weekly basis ___________
4. If you use the Internet for research, which materials do you often have access to? (Please tick all appropriate options).
Google Books ___________
Academic sites such as Questia, Sage, Elsevier and Science Direct ____________
Other sites (please specify) _________________
5. Please comment on the various research options with regard to their reliability ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Category: Questionnaire Writing