How to write a Questionnaire Writing
Questionnaire writing is one of the most critical stages in the entire questionnaire development and information collection process. Questionnaire writing is not very difficult in itself but it requires skills to write an effective questionnaire which appropriately matches the subject or purpose of the questionnaire. Questionnaires have become very popular tools these days for collection of valuable information in terms of feedback, viewpoints and consumer’s opinions. Hence you must follow below given tips to write an effective questionnaire.
Tips for questionnaire writing:
- For an effective questionnaire writing the concept and the purpose of the questionnaire should be clearly defined and the questions should be phrased unambiguously.
- All the questions in the questionnaire should directly relate to the topic of the questionnaire.
- The questions in a questionnaire must be designed in such a way that the participant is able to answer all the questions very easily without taking too much time.
- For effective questionnaire writing, the questions should be designed and developed in such a way that all the participants interpret it in the same way.
- For effective questionnaire writing, always remember to write an introduction for the questionnaire, mention about its purpose. The introduction should also cover any specific instructions that participant must follow while answering the questions and should also give an estimate of the amount of time it will take to complete the questionnaire.
- Depending on the type of questionnaire to be developed you can select the type of questions that will be most appropriate to derive the required information from the participants. The questions can be single answer questions, multiple choice questions, numeric value requiring questions, matrix questions or data block type questions.
- For writing an effective questionnaire, you can mark some questions of the questionnaire with asterisk (*) stating response required. In this way even incomplete questionnaires will fetch you replies for the most important questions.
Category: Sample Questionnaire