How to Write a Feedback Questionnaire
Feedback questionnaires have become an important tool in gauging public response. They are a set of questions framed to gather information about the way people perceive a certain product or service. Teachers resort to feedback questionnaires to learn their students’ opinion about the course or their teaching techniques; writers use them to understand how the readers would react to their book or the kind of reading public would attract to; service providers intend to get feedback to improve product quality or understand market demands; while business organizations rely on them to review their products and recognize consumer needs or complaints. Feedbacks are an essential part of every improvement process as they not only provide ego boost to but also enable the issuer to recognize and change areas that are rendered to be problematic. Designing feedback questionnaires though, may appear tricky, can be crafted perfectly by following a few points:
- An introductory note addressing the respondents may be incorporated to inform the respondent of the purpose of the questionnaire and help them understand how their responses would aid in improving the product or service and ultimately benefit them.
- Questions should be framed such that it allows the respondent to register both the positive and negative aspects of the specimen. While the positive responses serve motivational purposes, the negative reviews will aid in product improvement and in overcoming the loopholes.
- The tone of the questions should be frank and unbiased. The respondents are often given the option of remaining anonymous to encourage honest replies.
- Both quantitative and qualitative questions may be set to obtain quality responses.
- The questionnaire may bear space to accommodate additional suggestions or comments that the respondent may like to add apart from answering the given questions.
- Questions must be brief, interesting and specific to its purpose such that it engages the attention of the respondents and ensure cent percent completion rate.
Category: Sample Questionnaire