How To Write A Fashion Questionnaire
Fashion is an industry that thrives on popular culture: its style and practices. Hence, it is extremely important for professionals there to keep a tab on the consumer’s likes and dislikes, the trends preferred and the styles that might find acceptance in the market. A fashion questionnaire serves this purpose as it seeks consumer responses on various aspects of fashion and conveys them to the concerned designers. These questionnaires are generally meant to analyze the contemporary clothes, accessories or styles that are finding favor among the masses and thereby aid the designers in introducing consumer friendly ideas into their designs. Following are a few considerations that may be explored while creating a fashion questionnaire:
- The questionnaire should be specific to its purpose. Stating the intention of the questionnaire right at the beginning can prove to be a good idea in attracting the target respondents.
- General background information about the respondents may be sought in order to gauge certain socio-economic or cultural factors that may play a role in influencing their responses.
- A few general knowledge questions on the fashion industry may be incorporated to test the brand consciousness or trend consciousness of the respondents.
- Questions concerning likeness of certain products or acceptability of certain brands may be framed quantitatively, that is, by asking the respondent to rate the products or brands on a certain scale.
- Multiple-choice questions may be set to sense public opinion on the contemporary trends and clothing preferences.
- Suggestion boxes may be inserted to obtain valuable inputs from the consumers on certain styles, colors or fabrics that may help in stimulating further innovation in the industry.
- A common way of generating interest among the respondents and encouraging them to provide quality inputs is by announcing rewards or incentives for the best suggestions.
Category: Sample Questionnaire