Top 10 Tips to Make a good Questionnaire
A questionnaire is a useful tool to find out what a section of people feels about a particular topic or product. They consist of a list of questions which are structured in such a way that the creator gets the needed information which will help him form an opinion about what people think. Questionnaires can be of many types and these following tips will help you make a good and effective questionnaire:
- Tip number 1 – Objective: Every questionnaire starts with an objective or goal about what the person or organization wants to achieve from the survey. Be clear about and then start to create the questions.
- Tip number 2 – Sample: It is very important to select the right sample that will be able to able to answer your questions depending on their age, income, habitat etc so that your time and money is saved. A survey about urban youngsters should not be asked to rural senior citizens.
- Tip number 3 – Introduction: The introduction gives a summary of the topic of the survey but it serves a purpose beyond that: The questionnaire is supposed to build a connection with the consumers so that they feel that their opinion is important and will be considered for making the products and services better.
- Tip number 4 – Instructions: These instructions are important as they tell the respondent who he is supposed to answer the questions. You can also add the approximate amount of time that will be required to fill up the questionnaire and how by answering the questions, they will help both the company and themselves.
- Tip number 5 – Structure: The structure of the questionnaire should be such that there is a flow between the questions and it is one unit. You can divide your questions in sections but make sure that there is cohesiveness among them and the questions start with the general and then become specific.
- Tip number 6 – Simplicity: Make sure that the design of the questionnaire is simple and to the point. When you make it complicated or use too many formatting techniques, the questionnaire looks cluttered and the respondent loses interest or becomes confused. Keep the questionnaire short and straightforward.
- Tip number 7 – Categories: It is important to make the questionnaire organized and systematic so that it is easier for the respondent to fill up the questionnaire. When you design the questionnaire by categorizing different sections, it looks more neat and systematic.
- Tip number 8 – Cross check: Run a spell check and look out for any grammatical or factual errors in the questionnaire before you distribute it.
- Tip number 9 – Additional comments: Design the questionnaire in such a way that you leave an option for suggestions and additional comments in the end so that the respondent can give his extra opinions on the matter or add something which will help you improve your products and services
- Tip number 10 – Testing: Always do a test on a few people to find out any errors before you distribute the questionnaires. This will make your questionnaire more polished and refined.
Category: Sample Questionnaire
Comments are closed.