Eliot Stress Questionnaire
An Eliot stress questionnaire is normally used by organizations to determine the job stress levels of employees within a specific work environment or in multiple environments within the same organization. The Eliot stress questionnaire (Eliot, 1994) measures not only the stress levels but also the job satisfaction levels of employees in an organization. The results are used most often to find solutions for employees and to bring about positive changes to the work environment.
Sample Eliot Stress Questionnaire:
Name of the Employee: _____________________________
Name of the Organization: _____________________________
Reporting To (Name/Designation): ________________________________________
Department: ____________________ Designation:____________________________
Phone Number: ____________________________
- How often do you feel the effects of occupational burnout?
a) Very Often
- Which of the following brings about maximum stress in your work environment?
a) Work overload
b) Employee discrimination
c) Office politics
d) Un-healthy work environment
e) Lack of employee training
f) No rewards system in place
g) Low pay
h) Poor management
- Have you ever suffered from chronic depression due to high level of work related stress?
d) Don’t Know
- Which of the following activities do you do to cut down on the negative stress?
a) Keep self motivating
b) Try to look for alternate solutions
c) Talk it out with immediate superior
d) Take a day off and relax
e) Smoke or drink or indulge in other addictions
f) Indulge in sex
g) Complete workout in Gym
h) Don’t react to the stress
- How often do you bring work back home?
a) Very Often
Category: Stress Questionnaire