Career Anchors Questionnaire
A career anchors questionnaire is a tool to help you identify your skills and how to apply them in selecting an ideal career, which was developed by an MIT professor Edgar Schein. A career anchor takes into account a person’s goals, values, qualities and career competence and comes up with a guide on which career to choose. These questions make a person think what they really want out of a career.
Sample Career Anchors Questionnaire:
Phone Number: ________________
Email ID: ___________
1) Please rate the following questions.
Never Seldom Often Always
a) I feel most fulfilled at my
workplace when I am free to
define my own tasks, routine
b) I prefer staying in an organisation
that gives me fewer assignments
but more job security
c) I want to build my own business
than hold a high-level position in
someone else’s company
d) I want to do something to help
others or want to be of service to others
e) I want a career which will help me
pay equal attention to my
professional and personal life
2) Do you like managerial responsibilities or do you prefer a technical role?
3) Do you like a desk job or prefer being on the field?
4) Are you interested in social causes?
5) How do you deal with professional challenges in your workplace?
6) Do you prefer a job where there is a rotational assignment that would take you out of your area of expertise?
7) Would you want to create something that is entirely your own product?
Category: Career Questionnaire